Sheet pan meals are the BEST. Fewer dishes, less fuss-all-around all stars in a meal planner’s playbook. This simple sheet pan kielbasa, potatoes and cabbage dinner is no different. Give the potatoes a head start and they’ll be crisped to perfection by the time the other ingredients catch up.
Sheet Pan Kielsbasa and Potatoes: Ingredients and Tools
Note: Fourganic Sisters may use links on this site that can be defined as “affiliate links”. This means we may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links. Fourganic Sisters is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.)
For this meal, you’ll need just a few ingredients and a few tools.
- 12 ounces of pork keilbasa
- 1.5pounds of potatoes (I love organic baby gold, but really any potato will work)
- 4 cups of roughly chopped cabbage (I’ve used bagged slaw as a shortcut and it’s FINE!)
- avocado oil or other high-heat tolerable oil
- salt and pepper
Sheet Pan Kielbasa and Potatoes Step-By-Step
As mentioned before, you wanna give the potatoes a head start to get nice and crispy. Here’s another secret for that–once they’re nice and cozy on the pan, don’t scooch them around!
You want to cut the potatoes as uniformly as possible. I cut them in about 1/2-inch chunks. Throw them on the pan, toss in about a tablespoon of oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and let them bake about 15-20 minutes.
Remove the potatoes and add sausage to pan. I just use kitchen shears to cut right onto pan, but you can use the cutting board to slice it up if you prefer.
Add the cabbage and drizzle with a bit more avocado oil and another sprinkle of salt and pepper. Return the sheet pan to the oven and bake about 15 more minutes, until the cabbage starts to get a smidge brown, the potatoes are definitely browning, and the sausage is sizzling.
Serve immediately. I HAVE to have a spicy chow chow to top this, and a healthy squirt of brown mustard, but that’s up to you!
Before You Go:
You can pin this sheet pan kielbasa recipe for later on your favorite “Quick and Easy Dinners” Pinterest board. Browse our recipes here for more simple, healthy dinner ideas. You can put the plan into action in one of our FREE meal plans on a budget here. Tell us in the comments, what’s your go-to sheet pan meal? Thanks friends!
Sheet Pan Kielbasa, Potatoes, and Cabbage Recipe
- Sheet pan or large baking tray
- 12 ounces kielbasa sausage sliced into rounds
- 1.5 pounds baby gold potatoes diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 cups chopped cabbage I’ve used slaw mix as a shortcut!
- 1 onion sliced
- Avocado oil
- Optional for serving: spicy brown mustard and/or chow chow
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange potatoes, cabbage, and onions around a large sheet pan. Drizzle on avocado or olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, and add sausage.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are slightly crispy and brown.
- Serve immediately with a big squirt of spicy brown mustard (my favorite!) and a heaping spoonful of chow chow. SO good.